Dr. Stuart Dalton, Veterinarian, Owner
Dr. Dalton was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky surrounded by dogs, horses, snakes, turtles and whatever else he and his two brothers could catch. He earned his first bachelors degree in Geology from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island in 1985. His first, second and third careers involved outdoor education, environmental consulting and contract archeology. For a final career path, he settled on veterinary medicine because it combined his love of animals, science, problem solving and helping others. To qualify for veterinary school he earned his second bachelors degree in Biology from the University of Louisville in 1993. Dr. Dalton graduated from the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in St. Paul in 1998 and has been employed at White Bear Animal Hospital since 1999. Dr. Dalton purchased White Bear Animal Hospital in January of 2010.
Areas of veterinary interest for Dr. Dalton include pain management, dentistry, behavior, practice management, client education and community outreach.
- American Animal Hospital Association AAHA
- American Veterinary Dental Society AVDS
- American Veterinary Medical Association AVMA
- International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management IVAPM
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association MVMA
Dr. Dalton’s hobbies include indoor rowing, scuba diving, triathlons (swimming, biking and running), mountain climbing, traveling, reading, watching movies, working in the yard and keeping up with his three children.
When not at work, Dr. Dalton shares his home with his wife, three children, two cats named Roxy and Kyo and a guinea pig named Laffi.
Dr. Dalton in the community and in the news
- Interviewed by White Bear Lake Magazine for the article Fido, Fit as a Fiddle, September 2016
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Animal Emergency and Referral Center of Minnesota from February 2016 to present.
- Interviewed on the Fan Outdoors program on KFAN 100.3 FM local sports radio, April 11, 2015, click here to listen (the interview starts just before the “T”)
- Featured Panelist at the Center for Ethical Business Cultures Business Ethics Panel Discussion – Doing It Right Matters, Ethics and Values in Small to Mid-Sized Companies, March 21, 2013.
- Featured Panelist at the BBB/University of St. Thomas Business Ethics Summit, February 20, 2013.
- Dr. Stuart Dalton was featured in the first ever University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine Alumni E-newsletter article in January 2013. Click here to read the article.
- The Scoop on Poop! Dr. Dalton shared some insights with service dog owners, as well as every pet owner on this often overlooked topic in the newsletter ‘PawPADs Unleashed.’
- Ramsey/Washington County Suburban Cable Commission – The Government Television Network – Channel 16 – Lake Area Beat – Dr. Dalton has been interviewed on a variety of pet issues: