We are pleased to provide a program that will help us provide the best care for your senior pet.
Senior Wellness Panel and Senior Wellness Panel Plus
Several reasons to consider a senior wellness testing for your senior pet include:
- Our pets age much more quickly than their human caretakers. See the age comparison chart in FAQ 7.
- Pets often don’t show signs of disease until well into the course of the disease.
- Many medical disorders are easier to manage when caught early in their course.
- A normal lab work baseline is helpful to compare against later if medical issues arise.
- Many older animals are on regular medications that require periodic blood testing.
- Pets’ nutritional needs change as they age.
- You deserve peace of mind.
Our Senior Wellness Panel for senior dogs and cats includes the following tests:
- Complete Blood Cell Count
- Metabolic Biochemistry Profile including Electrolytes
- Total Thyroid Level
Our Senior Wellness Panel Plus includes all of the services included in the Senior Wellness Panel plus two radiographs.
Additional diagnostics may be recommended depending on the specifics of each case and the results of the pet’s history, physical examination and preliminary test results. Some of the other diagnostics available include:
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Testing blood levels of various medications
For an explanation of each of the above diagnostic tests, click here. Additional information is available in the form of client handouts from IDEXX:
- Senior FAQs
- How Old Is Your Pet, Really?
- Senior Care Checklist
- Common Senior Medical Conditions
- Common Questions About Bloodwork and Your Pet & Understanding Your Pet’s Test Results
- Testing Can Uncover Hidden Health Problems – Canine
- Testing Can Uncover Hidden Health Problems – Feline
If you need a PDF reader to read/print these handouts, you can download the free Adobe Reader right here:
Please contact us if you have any questions, would like to schedule a Senior Wellness testing appointment or if you would like to have an information folder mailed to you. We look forward to hearing from you and your senior pet will thank you!